July 26, 2016
1. Last Sunday we said goodbye to father Stefan and wished him well on his new assignment at the Church of St. Charles Borromeo on Staten Island. Please be assured that we are working very hard to get another bi-lingual priest from Slovakia. We have been speaking with the New York Archdiocese, bishops in Slovakia, we even enlisted help of the Slovak Consul General Jana Trnovcova. We are hoping to hear something positive in very near future. In the meantime we are working with Father Torok and the Slovak priests in Tappan to assure continuity of
Slovak Masses in our church. If you have any concerns please feel free to speak to me, I am your pastor and I truly do care.
2. I am sure that you have seen notice in our bulletin and in the church vestibule about the Slovak pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine in West Haverstraw. It is extremely important that we show our strength in numbers and demonstrate to the New York Archdiocese and everyone in attendance that our church has a large and active Slovak community. To assure that everybody will be able to go to the pilgrimage, including those who do not have cars or cannot drive such a distance, the parish will arrange for a bus. Please make sure that you notify Maria Bozekova at
if you would like to go by bus so that I can order an appropriate size bus.
3. Thank you all for helping with our monthly coffee hour at Cabrini Chapel. The next one will be
the construction company will start demolition cleanup of the new site for the new chapel. We will be planning a formal ground breaking in in the next few months.
5. We are planning our next United Parish Picnic in Manhattan Park on Roosevelt Island sometimes in September. The exact date and more details to follow.
6. If you are new to the parish – Welcome! Please make sure that you register at the rectory or by e-mail or fill out the small registration coupon on page two of the bulletin and give it to one of the priests or to someone at the rectory. If you have any thoughts or ideas drop me an e-mail or stop by and talk to me.