1. It has been a custom in our church that on certain occasions we did not have a Sunday Slovak Mass because of a special Slovak event, e.g. pilgrim- age or a festival. We are working on changing this practice. We want to have a Slovak Mass EVERY Sunday, even if there is a Slovak event elsewhere. We are working with the Oratorian Fathers from Tappan to assure that there will be a Slovak Mass celebrated in our church every Sunday and that our Slovak Parish community will be served. October 2nd, the day of the Slovak Heritage Festival in New Jersey, should be the last Sunday when we will not have a Slovak Mass in our Church. On October 2nd there will not be a Slovak-speaking priest here. The readings and peo- ple’s responses will be in Slovak and the priest will say the Mass in English. I will be celebrating Mass at the Slovak Festival in New Jersey.
2. I hope you can join us for our Parish Picnic today. Thank you in advance to all the volunteers from St. John’s and St. Frances’ who helped to make this day happen.
3. On October 9th we will be adding an additional Mass at 9:15am at the Cabrini Chapel.
4. If you would like to enroll your child (children) in our Slovak School please contact Renata Bukovicova at 917-678-0912 or Anicka Bilikova at 718-938-4465 for information and registration. I am working with both teachers to help make this a better and more memorable experience for our children. As of today we have 18 children registered for Slovak classes.
4. Welcome to the Slovak American Cultural Center who will hold their meeting today here, at our Rectory.
5. Please mark your calendar for our next parish event – Oktoberfest. See bulletin for more details.