July 26, 2016
1. Last week I met with representatives of NY Archdiocese to discuss our need for a Slovak speaking priest. Cardinal Dolan considers this a priority; a formal request is being submitted to bishops in Slovakia for a Slovak speaking priest. Until that time Slovak priests in Tappan will help to assure continuity of
Slovak Masses in our church.
2. I am sure that you have seen notice in our bulletin and in the church vestibule about the Slovak pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine in West Haverstraw. It is extremely important that we show our strength in numbers and demonstrate to the New York Archdiocese and everyone in attendance that our church has a large and active Slovak community. To assure that everybody will be able to go to the pilgrimage, including those who do not have cars or cannot drive such a distance, the parish will arrange for a bus. Please make sure that you notify Maria Bozekova at
if you would like to go by bus so that I can order an appropriate size bus.
3. Mark your calendar, our United Parish St. John Nepomucene – St. Frances X. Cabrini Picnic will be on
in Manhattan Park on Roosevelt Island from
1 pm to 5 pm
4. I am very happy to announce that the gym floor has been repaired and refinished. Please stop by after the
Mass and take a look.
5. Welcome to the 8 families who have registered in the parish over the past month! Also - welcome to the 7 individuals who have joined the new choir which will sing at the
Mass beginning in September! God's grace be upon you and this parish as we continue to live and share Christ's message.
6. Thank you to all musicians serving the Masses in Cabrini Chapel, I appreciate your time and your talent.